Monday, December 6, 2010

Remodeled Bicycle


My TREK bicycle has been with me for awhile. I can't even remember when I purchased it brand new--at least 15 years ago?! Anyway for 15 years my hands would go numb while riding. Kinda numb on short 1 hour rides and very numb on full day rides. I just sort of put up with it. Until I met Eric at Belltown Pullapart. Belltown Pullapart is a Seattle bike shop that custom builds and repairs bicycles using recycled parts. I casually mentioned my problem to Eric one day and he suggested all I needed was a shorter stem for my handlebars. He found the necessary parts right away and voila--a freshly remodeled bike! No more numbness in my hands. I can't believe I put up with that for so long.

I would highly recommend repairing your existing bike with recycled parts OR if considering a custom built bike, have it built with recyled parts. And visit the guys at Belltown Pullapart. They are friendly, knowledgeable and truly support green and sustainable. An added bonus is being greeted by the friendly four-legged employees, Chich and Pork Chop. www.belltownpullart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment