Sunday, December 13, 2015

Marathon Memories from a Year Ago


Honolulu Marathon 2015 took place today and I was fondly remembering my experience at this marathon last year.  I've decided this is my favorite marathon to date.  Fun beautiful course with no time limit.  The course will stay open until the last person crosses the finish line.  How is that for being inclusive.

A few things I love about this marathon:

  • Starting with huge fireworks display gets the adrenaline going.  
  • Early 5am start in the dark with downtown Honolulu lit up with Christmas displays
  • So much energy.  Gotta love the Japanese cheering groups with their enthusiasm and energy.
  • Costumes, costumes everywhere.  
  • Running in WARM rain.  No overheating.  
  • Seeing the elite runners on the route to the finish.  Amazing.
  • Breathtaking scenery.
  • Malasadas at the finish.


Yes, I did see a few rainbows.
Funny running form but gotta love the Flirt Skirt and the scenery.

Hurray, now time to recover.

My biggest smile of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment