Friday, March 12, 2010

Changing Routes

I've been a recreational runner/jogger for 20 years. It's my favorite exercise and a pasttime and have never lacked for motivation to get out and run. For the past 3 months, I had been struggling with my running--feeling tired, sore, bored with my routine, uninspired and unenthusiastic about running. So I started walking more which I enjoyed also. But nothing beats the joy of running. Today, I changed my running route. Instead of heading north from my house, I started running south and ran on different streets. I was so inspired by seeing new gardens, cool remodeled homes and houses for sale that I kept on running. No stopping to walk. Well, I stopped to check out a few "For Sale" signs.

Note to self: When feeling bored or in a rut, change your routine! Even if it's just a small change like turning left on the same street if you usually turn right.

No comments:

Post a Comment