Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pick up the pace. I can do it.

Today was a 10-mile run according to my marathon training plan.  I've been running around my neighborhood so much lately that I decided  a change of scenery would be good.  My second favorite go-to running path is along Lake Washington to Seward Park.  On the return run, I ran into my friend Paula.  We had not seen each other in a long time and she decided she would run back with me.  My initial thought was "oh no".  Paula is a much faster runner and I thought this would stress me out.  Well I did have to stretch myself to pick up the pace and there were moments of struggle.  I commented on that and she did slow her pace but it was still faster than I would run alone.  At the end of the run, I felt pretty good and realized it was good to challenge my pace and that I could run a little faster if I tried.  Left on my own however, I would never push myself harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment